TRB Transportation Research Circular E-C058 includes the proceedings of the 9th National Light Rail Transit Conference held November 16-18, 2003, in Portland, Oregon. The ninth national conference focuses on the planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance, and administration of LRT systems.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
OPENING GENERAL SESSION PLANNING AND FORECASTING FOR LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT LOW-FLOOR LIGHT RAIL VEHICLES
- 2003 LRT Conference Planning Committee
LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT AND OTHER MODES LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT TRAFFIC ENGINEERING
- Structural and Crashworthiness Requirements of Light Rail Vehicles with Low-Floor Extension
- Light Rail Vehicles' Low-Floor Center Section
- Integrating New Light Rail Vehicle Technology into Mature Infrastructure
LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT AND TRANSIT-ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT
- Application of Part 10 of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices to Light Rail Transit Projects-A Review of Its Strengths and Weaknesses
- Preemption Versus Priority Service for Light Rail Transit Vehicles
- Application of NTCIP Standard 1211: Framework for Upgrading Downtown Baltimore Light Rail Transit Signal Priority
CROSSINGS AND SHARED CORRIDORS CRITIQUES: HOW ARE WE DOING?
- Light Rail and the American City: State-of-the-Practice for Transit-Oriented Development
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail System and Economic Development on the Waterfront
- Third Street Light Rail Project Southern Terminal
- Delineating an Integrated, Multifaceted Light Rail Corridor for Northeast Baltimore City
- Ridership Trends of New Start Rail Projects
- Portland Streetcar: A Two-Year Report Card
- Peak-Period Service Supply Versus Observed Passenger Utilization for Rapid Bus and Rapid Rail Modes: Issues and Implications
- Light Rail and Urban Mobility: Is Light Rail Transit Justifying Its Investment?
OPERATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Design and Construction of the Weehawken Tunnel and Bergenline Avenue Station for the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Transit System
- Floating Slab Trackbed Design to Control Groundborne Noise from Newark-Elizabeth Rail Link Light Rail Transit
- Fitting Light Rail Transit into Historical Centers: The Rome Experience
- Embedded Track Design and Performance
- Debate of At-Grade Versus Grade Separation Construction Interstate MAX Project, Portland, Oregon
PORTLAND POSTER SESSION
- Procurement of Federal Property for Light Rail Transit: Case Study of the Minneapolis Hiawatha Line
- Communicating the Timeline
- Developing the Design and Construction Contracting Plan for a Major Light Rail Extension Project
- Design-Build Contracts: Lessons Learned on the Gold Line Rail Project for APTA
LIGHT RAIL ELECTRIFICATION CLOSING GENERAL SESSION: LIGHT RAIL IN FAR PLACES BACK MATTER
- MAX Light Rail Integration into the Community: Westside to Interstate MAX
- Environmental and Sustainable Elements in Light Rail Transit Design and Construction: The Green Line-From High Tech to No Tech
- Special Problems for Real Property Acquisition Valuations: Billboards and Parking Lots
- Federal Davis-Bacon Prevailing Wage Law and Light Rail Construction: Streamlining Implementation and Playing by the Rules
- From the Ballot Ashes: Rebirth of Interstate MAX
- TRB Executive Committee List
- APTA Officers and Board of Directors
- "Get On Board"
- The National Academies
SIGN UP FOR...
New Title Emails
Read about the newest releases and receive special offers.