42. Christie CD, Constantinou P, Marx ML, Willke MJ, Marot K, Mendez FL, Donovan J, Thole J. Low risk for tuberculosis in a regional pediatric hospital: nine-year study of community rates and the mandatory employee tuberculin skin-test program. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 1998; 19:168–174.
43. Van Drunen N, Bonnicksen G, Pfeiffer AJ. A survey of tuberculosis control programs in seventeen Minnesota hospitals: implications for policy development. American Journal of Infection Control 1996; 24:235–242.
44. Managan LP, Bennett CL, Tablan N, Simonds DN, Pugilese G, Collazo E, Jarvis WR. Nosocomial tuberculosis prevention measures among two groups of US hospitals, 1992 to 1996. Chest 2000; 117:380–384.
45. U.S. Department of Labor. Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Occupational exposure to tuberculosis; proposed rule. Federal Register 1997; 62:54160–54308.
46. National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. An Overview of Nursing Homes and their Current Residents: Data from the 1995 National Nursing Home Survey. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1997: pp.97–250.
47. Centers for Disease Control. Prevention and control of tuberculosis in facilities providing long-term care to the elderly. Recommendations of the Advisory Committee for Elimination of Tuberculosis. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1990; 39(RR-10):7– 13.
48. Hutton MD, Cauthen GM, Bloch AB. Results of a 29-state survey of tuberculosis in nursing homes and correctional facilities . Public Health Reports 1993; 108:305–314.
49. Stead WW. Tuberculosis among elderly persons: an outbreak in a nursing home. Annals of Internal Medicine 1981; 94:606–610.
50. Munger R, Anderson K, Leahy R, Allard J, Kobayashi JM. Tuberculosis in a nursing care facility—Washington. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1983; 32:121–128.
51. Price LE, Rutala WA. Tuberculosis screening in the long-term care setting. Infection Control 1987; 8:353–356.
52. Pelletier AR, DiFerdinando GT Jr, Greenberg AJ, Sosin DM, Jones WD Jr, Bloch AB, Woodley CL. Tuberculosis in a correctional facility. Archives of Internal Medicine 1993; 153:2692–2695.
53. Steenland K, Levine AJ, Sieber K, Schulte P, Aziz D. Incidence of tuberculous infection among New York State prison employees. American Journal of Public Health 1997; 87: 2012–2014.
54. Campbell R, Sneller V-P, Khoury N, Hinton B, DeSouza L, Smith S, Howard J, Ciofalo F, Welsh AL, Krycia W, Mycroft F, Hooper K, Goldman L, Royce S, Dorfman B, Morita S, Coulter S, Rutherford GW. Probable transmission of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in a correctional facility—California. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1993; 42:48–51.
55. Prendergast T, Hwang B, Alexander R, Charron T, Lopez E, Culton J, Bick J, Shalaby M, Dewsnup D, Meyer H, Horowitz E, Khoury N, Mohle-Boetani J, Royce S, Chin D, Petrillo S, Miguelino V, Desmond E, Harrison R, Cone J, Greene C, Joseph M, Waterman S. Tuberculosis outbreaks in prison housing units for HIV-infected inmates— California, 1995–1996. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1999; 48:79–82.
56. Koo DT, Baron RC, Rutherford GW. Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a California state prison, 1991. American Journal of Public Health 1997; 87:279–282.
57. Bergmire-Sweat D, Barnett BJ, Harris SL, Taylor JP, Mazurek GH, Reddy V. Tuberculosis outbreak in a Texas prison, 1994. Epidemiology and Infection 1996; 117:485–492.
58. Jones TF, Craig AS, Valway SE, Woodley CL, Schaffner W. Transmission of tuberculosis in a jail. Annals of Internal Medicine 1999; 131:557–563.
59. Johnsen C. Tuberculosis contact investigation: two years of experience in New York City correctional facilities. American Journal of Infection Control 1993; 21:1–4.