60. Erdil M, Stahl K. Prevalence of tuberculosis skin test reactivity in preplacement applicants to the Connecticut Department of Corrections from 1991 to 1992. Journal of Occupational Medicine 1993; 35:1178–1179.
61. Brudney K, Dobkin J. Resurgent tuberculosis in New York City. Human immunodeficiency virus, homelessness, and the decline of tuberculosis control programs. American Review of Respiratory Diseases 1991; 144:745–749.
62. Frieden TR, Sterling T, Pablos-Mendez A, Kilburn JO, Cauthen GM, Dooley SW. The emergence of drug-resistant tuberculosis in New York City. New England Journal of Medicine 1993; 328:521–526.
63. Nardell E, McInnis B, Thomas B, Weidhaas S. Exogenous reinfection with tuberculosis in a shelter for the homeless. New England Journal of Medicine 1986; 315:1570–1575.
64. Nolan CM, Elarth AM, Barr H, Saeed AM, Risser DR. An outbreak of tuberculosis in a shelter for homeless men. A description of its evolution and control. American Review of Respiratory Disease 143(2):257–261, 1991.
65. Barnes PF, El-Hajj H, Preston-Martin S, Cave MD, Jones BE, Otaya M, Pogoda J, Eisenach KD. Transmission of tuberculosis among the urban homeless. Journal of the American Medical Association 1996; 275:305–307.
66. Curtis AB, Ridzon R, Novick LF, Driscoll J, Blair D, Oxtoby M, McGarry M, Hiscox B, Faulkner C, Taber H, Valway S, Onorato IM. Analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis transmission patterns in a homeless shelter outbreak. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2000; 4:308–313.
67. Layton MC, Cantwell MF, Dorsinville GJ, Valway SE, Onorato IM, Frieden TR. Tuberculosis screening among homeless persons with AIDS living in single-room-occupancy hotels. American Journal of Public Health 1995; 85:1556–1559.
68. Pierce JR, Sims SL, Holman GH. Transmission of tuberculosis to hospital workers by a patient with AIDS. Chest 1992; 101:581–582.
69. Hoch DE, Wilcox KR Jr. Transmission of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis from an HIV-positive client in a residential substance-abuse treatment facility—Michigan. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1991; 40:129–131.
70. Howell JT, Scheel WJ, Pryor VL, Tavris DR, Calder RA, Wilder MH. Mycobacterium tuberculosis transmission in a health clinic—Florida, 1988. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1989; 38:256–264.
71. Zahnow K, Matts JP, Hillman D, Finley E, Brown LS Jr, Torres RA, Ernst J, El-Sadr W, Perez G, Webster C, Barber B, Gordin FM. Rates of tuberculosis infection in healthcare workers providing services to HIV-infected populations. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 1998; 19:829–835.
72. Prezant DJ, Kelly KJ, Mineo FP, Janus D, Karwa ML, Futterman N, Nolte C. Tuberculin skin test conversion rates in New York City Emergency Medical Service health care workers. Annals of Emergency Medicine 1998; 32:208–213.
73. Kao AS, Ashford DA, McNeil MM, Warren NG, Good RC. Descriptive profile of tuberculin skin testing programs and laboratory-acquired tuberculous infections in public health laboratories. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 1997; 35:1847–1851.
74. Ussery XT, Bierman JA, Valway SE, Seitz TA, DiFerdinando GT Jr, Ostroff SM. Transmission of multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis among persons exposed in a medical examiner’s office, New York. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 1995; 16:160–165.
75. Gershon RRM, Vlahov D, Escamilla-Cejudo JA, Badawi M, McDiarmid M, Karkashian C, Grimes, M, Comstock GW. Tuberculosis risk in funeral home employees. Journal of Occupational Environmental Medicine 1998; 40:497–503.
76. Sterling TR, Pope DS, Bishai WR, Harrington S, Gershon RR, Chaisson RE. Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from a cadaver to an embalmer. New England Journal of Medicine 2000; 342:246–248.