which the teachers are certified or licensed to teach or in which the teachers are working toward certification or licensure to teach, and that promotes strong teaching skills.
(7) Technology integration.—Increasing the number of teachers prepared to integrate technology in the classroom.
(b) Eligible Partnership Evaluation.—Each eligible partnership receiving a grant under section 203 shall establish and include in the application submitted under section 203(c), an evaluation plan that includes strong performance objectives. The plan shall include objectives and measures for—
(1) increased student achievement for all students as measured by the partnership;
(2) increased teacher retention in the first 3 years of a teacher’s career;
(3) increased success in the pass rate for initial State certification or licensure of teachers; and
(4) increased percentage of secondary school classes taught in core academic subject areas by teachers—
(A) with academic majors in the areas or in a related field; and
(B) who can demonstrate a high level of competence through rigorous academic subject area tests or who can demonstrate competence through a high level of performance in relevant content areas;
(5) increasing the percentage of elementary school classes taught by teachers with academic majors in the arts and sciences or who demonstrate competence through a high level of performance in core academic subject areas; and
(6) increasing the number of teachers trained in technology.
(c) Revocation of Grant.—
(1) Report.—Each eligible State or eligible partnership receiving a grant under this title shall report annually on the progress of the eligible State or eligible partnership toward meeting the purposes of this title and the goals, objectives, and measures described in subsections (a) and (b).
(A) Eligible states and eligible applicants.—If the Secretary determines that an eligible State or eligible applicant is not making substantial progress in meeting the purposes, goals, objectives, and measures, as appropriate, by the end of the second year of a grant under this title, then the grant payment shall not be made for the third year of the grant.
(B) Eligible partnerships.—If the Secretary determines that an eligible partnership is not making substantial progress in meeting the purposes, goals, objectives, and measures, as appropriate, by the end of