(116) Pollo A, Amanzio M, Arslanian A, Casadio C, Maggi G, Benedetti F. Response expectancies in placebo analgesia and their clinical relevance. Pain. 2001;93:77-84.
(117) Petrovic P, Kalso E, Petersson K, Ingvar M. Placebo and opioid analgesia—imaging a shared neuronal network. Sciencexpress. 2002.
(118) White AR, Ernst E. Economic analysis of complementary medicine: a systematic review. Complement Ther Med. 2000;8:111-18.
(119) Vandenbroucke JP, de Craen AJM. Alternative medicine: A “mirror image” for scientific reasoning in conventional medicine. Ann Intern Med. 2001;135:507-13.
(120) Eisenberg DM. Advising patients who seek alternative medical therapies. Ann Intern Med. 1997;127:61-69.
(121) Sale JD. Overview of Legislative Developments Concerning Alternative Health Care in the United States. Kalamazoo,MI: John E. Fetzer Institute; 1994.
(122) Cohen MH. Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Legal Boundaries and Regulatory Perspectives. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press; 1998.
(123) Studdert DM, Eisenberg DM, Miller FH, Curto DA, Kaptchuk TJ, Brennan TA. Medical malpractice implications of alternative medicine. JAMA. 1998;280:1610-1615.
(124) Cohen MH. Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Legal Boundaries and Regulatory Perspectives. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press; 1998.
(125) Cohen MH. Beyond Complementary Medicine: Legal and Ethical Perspectives on Health Care and Human Evolution. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press; 2000.
(126) Ernst E, Cohen MH. Informed consent in complementary and alternative medicine. Arch Intern Med. 2001;161:2288-92.
(127) Pelletier KR, Marie A, Krasner M, Haskell WL. Current trends in the integration and reimbursement of complementary and alternative medicine by managed care, insurance carriers, and hospital providers. Am J Health Promot. 1997;12:112-22.
(128) Pelletier KR, Astin JA, Haskell WL. Current trends in the integration and reimbursement of complementary and alternative medicine by managed care organizations (MCOs) and insurance providers: 1998 update and cohort analysis. Am J Health Promot. 1999;14:125-33.
(129) Weeks J. Hospital-sponsored integrative clinics: an in-depth report. The Integrative Medicine Consult Quarterly Business Report. 2001.
(130) Grimes DA. Technology follies. The uncritical acceptance of medical innovation. JAMA. 1993;269:3030-33.