The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Continued Review of the Tax Systems Modernization of the Internal Revenue Service: Final Report
Appendix A Documents Reviewed
DOCUMENTS REVIEWED FOR THE COMMITTEE’S FIRST FINAL REPORT1
1. Meeting Book. National Academy of Sciences Advisory Committee to the Internal Revenue Service, Initial Orientation, August 27–28, 1990. Internal Revenue Service.
2. Briefing slides. Briefing on IRS Systems Modernization. Bob Albicker, Office Director, Systems Engineering and Integration, and Theodore Gonter, Director, Systems Integration Division, Information Systems Development, Internal Revenue Service.
3. Graphs. Total Staff Requirements for Maintenance and New Development. Walter Hutton, Jr., Assistant Chief Information Officer, Information Systems Modernization, Internal Revenue Service.
4. Briefing chart. Modernization Program Oversight. Mark Cox, Assistant Chief Information Officer, Information Systems Development, Internal Revenue Service.
5. Draft. Internal Revenue Service Tax System Modernization Target Architecture Alternatives Analysis, Executive Summary. September 1989.
6. Draft. The Selected IRS Systems Architecture: A Brief Overview. Internal Revenue Service. July 1990.
7. Global Baseline User Requirements for Information Systems Modernization. Office of Systems Engineering and Integration, Information Systems Development, Internal Revenue Service. July 1989. (Document 7548, 11–89)
8. Telecommunications Policy for 1990–2000. Henry H.Philcox, Chief Information Officer, Internal Revenue Service. April 1990. (Document 7610, 5–90)
Documents numbered as received and labeled for committee use. See Computer Science and Telecommunications Board, National Research Council. 1992. Review of the Tax Systems Modernization of the Internal Revenue Service. National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.