(a) DEFINITIONS—In this section, the following definitions apply:
(1) ACADEMY—The term “Academy” means the National Academy of Sciences.
(2) METHOD—The term “method” means a method, model, assumption, or other pertinent planning tool used in conducting an economic or environmental analysis of a water resources project, including the formulation of a feasibility report.
(3) FEASIBILITY REPORT—The term “feasibility report” means each feasibility report, and each associated environmental impact statement and mitigation plan, prepared by the Corps of Engineers for a water resources project.
(4) WATER RESOURCES PROJECT—The term “water resources project”' means a project for navigation, a project for flood control, a project for hurricane and storm damage reduction, a project for emergency streambank and shore protection, a project for ecosystem restoration and protection, and a water resources project of any other type carried out by the Corps of Engineers.
(b) INDEPENDENT PEER REVIEW OF PROJECTS—
(1) IN GENERAL—Not later than 90 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall contract with the Academy to study, and make recommendations relating to, the independent peer review of feasibility reports.