. "Appendix B Conceptual Models of Disability: Past, Present, and Future--Gale Whiteneck." Workshop on Disability in America: A New Look - Summary and Background Papers. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2006.
The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Workshop on Disability in america A new look: Summary and background papers
28. Barbotte E, Guillemin F, Chau N. Prevalence of impairments, disabilities, handicaps, and quality of life in general population: a review of recent literature. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2001; 79(11):1047–1055.
29. Diener E, Emmons R, Larsen J, Griffin S. The Satisfaction with Life Scale. Journal of Personality Assessment 1985; 49(1):71–75.
30. Flanagan J. A research approach to improving our quality of life. American Psychologist 1978; 33:138–147.
31. Ware J, Sherbourne C. The MOS 36-item short-form health survey (SF-36). I. Conceptual framework and item selection. Medical Care 1992; 30:473–483.
32. Whiteneck G, Gerhart K, Cusick C. Identifying environmental factors that influence the outcomes of people with traumatic brain injury. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation 2004; 19(3):191–204.