28. Barbotte E, Guillemin F, Chau N. Prevalence of impairments, disabilities, handicaps, and quality of life in general population: a review of recent literature. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2001; 79(11):1047–1055.
29. Diener E, Emmons R, Larsen J, Griffin S. The Satisfaction with Life Scale. Journal of Personality Assessment 1985; 49(1):71–75.
30. Flanagan J. A research approach to improving our quality of life. American Psychologist 1978; 33:138–147.
31. Ware J, Sherbourne C. The MOS 36-item short-form health survey (SF-36). I. Conceptual framework and item selection. Medical Care 1992; 30:473–483.
32. Whiteneck G, Gerhart K, Cusick C. Identifying environmental factors that influence the outcomes of people with traumatic brain injury. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation 2004; 19(3):191–204.
The National Academies | 500 Fifth St. N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20001
Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Appendix B Conceptual Models of Disability: Past, Present, and Future--Gale Whiteneck ."
Workshop on Disability in America: A New Look - Summary and Background Papers . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press,
Please select a format: