170. Caldwell, B.M. and R.H. Bradley, Home observation for measurement of the environment. 1984, Little Rock: University of Arkansas.
171. Strauss, R.S. and J. Knight, Influence of the home environment on the development of obesity in children. Pediatrics, 1999. 103(6): p. e85.
172. Caspi, A., et al., Neighborhood deprivation affects children’s mental health: environmental risks identified in a genetic design. Psychol Sci, 2000. 11(4): p. 338-42.
173. Kim-Cohen, J., et al., Genetic and environmental processes in young children’s resilience and vulnerability to socioeconomic deprivation. Child Dev, 2004. 75(3): p. 651-68.
174. Rolls, B.J., et al., Increasing the portion size of a sandwich increases energy intake. J Am Diet Assoc, 2004. 104(3): p. 367-72.
175. Raynor, H.A. and L.H. Epstein, The relative-reinforcing value of food under differing levels of food deprivation and restriction. Appetite, 2003. 40(1): p. 15-24.
176. Raynor, H.A. and L.H. Epstein, Dietary variety, energy regulation, and obesity. Psychol Bull, 2001. 127(3): p. 325-41.
177. Plomin, R., J.C. DeFries, and J.C. Loehlin, Genotype-environment interaction and correlation in the analysis of human behavior. Psychol Bull, 1977. 84(2): p. 309-22.
178. Loehlin, J.C., Behavior genetics and parenting theory. Am Psychol, 2001. 56(2): p. 169-70.
179. Collins, W.A., et al., Toward nature with nurture. Am Psychol, 2001. 56(2): p. 171-3.
180. Collins, W.A., et al., Contemporary research on parenting. The case for nature and nurture. Am Psychol, 2000. 55(2): p. 218-32.
181. Wachs, T.D. and R. Plomin, Conceptualization and Measurement of Organism-Environment Interaction. 1991, Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
182. Hetherington, E.M., D. Reiss, and R. Plomin, Separate Social Worlds of Siblings. 1994, Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
183. Lynch, M. and B. Walsh, Genetics and Analysis of Quantitative Traits. 1998, Sunderland, MA: Sinauer Associates, Inc.
184. Lytton, H., Parent-Child Interaction. The Socialization Process Observed in Twin and Singleton Families. 1980, New York: Plenum Press.
185. Emde, R.N. and J.K. Hewitt, Infancy to Early Childhood. Genetic and Environmental Influences on Developmental Change. 2001, New York: Oxford University Press.
186. Reiss, D., et al., The Relationship Code. Deciphering Genetic and Social Influences on Adolescent Development. 2000, Cambridge, MA. London: Harvard University Press.
187. de Castro, J.M. and S.S. Plunkett, How genes control real world intake: palatability-intake relationships. Nutrition, 2001. 17(3): p. 266-8.
188. de Castro, J.M., Eating behavior: lessons from the real world of humans. Nutrition, 2000. 16(10): p. 800-13.