• Interventions to improve the quality of life, including:
– Family and caregiver needs and access to supportive services.
– Mechanisms to reduce financial burdens of survivorship care (e.g., the new Medicare prescription drug benefit should be carefully monitored to evaluate its impact, especially how private plan formularies cover cancer drugs).
– Employer programs to meet return-to-work needs.
– Approaches to improve health insurance coverage.
– Legal protections afforded cancer survivors through the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and other laws.
• Survivorship research methods including barriers to participation, impact of HIPAA, and methods to overcome challenges of survivorship research (e.g., methods to adjust for bias introduced by nonparticipation; methods to minimize loss-to follow-up).