bus arrangement for a generator terminal to provide equal access to either main bus.
The main advantages of this scheme include:
• Flexible operation,
• Very high reliability,
• Isolation of either main bus for maintenance without disrupting service,
• Isolation of any circuit breaker for maintenance without disrupting service,
• Double feed to each circuit,
• No interruption of service to any circuits from bus fault,
• Loss of only one circuit for breaker failure, and
• All switching with circuit breakers.
The primary disadvantage of this scheme is high cost because two circuit breakers are required for each circuit.
The National Academies | 500 Fifth St. N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20001
Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Appendix F: Substation Configurations ."
Terrorism and the Electric Power Delivery System . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press,
Please select a format: