27. Donohue B, Covassin T, Lancer K, Dickens Y, Miller A, Hash A, et al. Examination of psychiatric symptoms in student athletes. J Gen Psychol. 2004 Jan;131(1):29-35.
28. Donohue B, Silver NC, Dickens Y, Covassin T, Lancer K. Development and initial psychometric evaluation of the sport interference checklist. Behav Modif. 2007 Nov;31(6):937-57.
29. Erlanger D, Feldman D, Kutner K, Kaushik T, Kroger H, Festa J, et al. Development and validation of a web-based neuropsychological test protocol for sports-related return-to-play decision-making. Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 2003 Apr;18(3):293-316.
30. Everhart B, Kernodle M, Ballard K, McKey C, Eason B, Weeks M. Physical activity patterns of college students with and without high school physical education. Percept Mot Skills. 2005 Jun;100(3 Pt 2):1114-20.
31. Filaire E, Sagnol M, Ferrand C, Maso F, Lac G. Psychophysiological stress in judo athletes during competitions. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2001 Jun;41(2):263-8.
32. Finaud J, Degoutte F, Scislowski V, Rouveix M, Durand D, Filaire E. Competition and food restriction effects on oxidative stress in judo. Int J Sports Med. 2006 Oct;27(10):834-41.
33. Fontani G, Lodi L, Felici A, Migliorini S, Corradeschi F. Attention in athletes of high and low experience engaged in different open skill sports. Percept Mot Skills. 2006 Jun;102(3):791-805.
34. Fung L. Task familiarity and task efficacy: a study of sports coaches. Percept Mot Skills. 2002 Oct;95(2):367-72.
35. Garcin M, Billat V. Perceived exertion scales attest to both intensity and exercise duration. Percept Mot Skills. 2001 Dec;93(3):661-71.
36. Garcin M, Mille-Hamard L, Billat V. Influence of aerobic fitness level on measured and estimated perceived exertion during exhausting runs. Int J Sports Med. 2004 May;25(4):270-7.
37. Garcin M, Mille-Hamard L, Duhamel A, Boudin F, Reveillere C, Billat V, et al. Factors associated with perceived exertion and estimated time limit at lactate threshold. Percept Mot Skills. 2006 Aug;103(1):51-66.
38. Gentner NB, Fisher LA, Wrisberg CA. Athletes’ and coaches’ perceptions of sport psychology services offered by graduate students at one NCAA Division I university. Psychol Rep. 2004 Feb;94(1):213-6.
39. Glick ID, Horsfall JL. Diagnosis and psychiatric treatment of athletes. Clin Sports Med. 2005 Oct;24(4):771-81, vii.
40. Hale BS, Koch KR, Raglin JS. State anxiety responses to 60 minutes of cross training. Br J Sports Med. 2002 Apr;36(2):105-7.
41. Hamer M, Karageorghis CI, Vlachopoulos SP. Motives for exercise participation as predictors of exercise dependence among endurance athletes. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2002 Jun;42(2):233-8.
42. Hannon B, Fitzgerald P. Anxiety and performance in elite nonprofessional athletes. Ir Med J. 2006 Sep;99(8):238-40.
43. Hanton S, Fletcher D, Coughlan G. Stress in elite sport performers: a comparative study of competitive and organizational stressors. J Sports Sci. 2005 Oct;23(10):1129-41.
44. Hatzigeorgiadis A, Biddle SJ. Cognitive interference during competition among volleyball players with different goal orientation profiles. J Sports Sci. 2002 Sep;20(9):707-15.
45. Hodges NJ, Kerr T, Starkes JL, Weir PL, Nananidou A. Predicting performance times from deliberate practice hours for triathletes and swimmers: what, when, and where is practice important? J Exp Psychol Appl. 2004 Dec;10(4):219-37.
46. Hunt TN, Ferrara MS, Miller LS, Macciocchi S. The effect of effort on baseline neuropsychological test scores in high school football athletes. Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 2007 Jun;22(5):615-21.
47. Iellamo F, Pigozzi F, Parisi A, Di Salvo V, Vago T, Norbiato G, et al. The stress of competition dissociates neural and cortisol homeostasis in elite athletes. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2003 Dec;43(4):539-45.
48. Jedlic B, Hall N, Munroe-Chandler K, Hall C. Coaches’ encouragement of athletes’ imagery use. Res Q Exerc Sport. 2007 Sep;78(4):351-63.
49. Jurimae J, Maestu J, Purge P, Jurimae T, Soot T. Relations among heavy training stress, mood state, and performance for male junior rowers. Percept Mot Skills. 2002 Oct;95(2):520-6.
50. Kavussanu M. Motivational predictors of prosocial and antisocial behaviour in football. J Sports Sci. 2006 Jun;24(6):575-88.
51. Kemler DS. Sensitivity to sensoriprocessing, self-discrepancy, and emotional reactivity of collegiate athletes. Percept Mot Skills. 2006 Jun;102(3):747-59.
52. Kjormo O, Halvari H. Two ways related to performance in elite sport: the path of self-confidence and competitive anxiety and the path of group cohesion and group goal-clarity. Percept Mot Skills. 2002 Jun;94(3 Pt 1):950-66.
53. Korobeynikov G, Rossokha G, Koniaeva L, Medvedchuk K, Kulinich I. Psychophysiological diagnostics of functional states in sports medicine. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2006;107(5):205-9.
54. Lamont-Mills A, Christensen SA. Athletic identity and its relationship to sport participation levels. J Sci Med Sport. 2006 Dec;9(6):472-8.
55. Manfredini F, Manfredini R, Carrabre JE, Litmanen H, Zhukovskaja L, Dal Follo D, et al. Competition load and stress in sports: a preliminary study in biathlon. Int J Sports Med. 2002 Jul;23(5):348-52.
56. Mann BJ, Grana WA, Indelicato PA, O’Neill DF, George SZ. A survey of sports medicine physicians regarding psychological issues in patient-athletes. Am J Sports Med. 2007 Dec;35(12):2140-7.
57. Martin GL, Vause T, Schwartzman L. Experimental studies of psychological interventions with athletes in competitions: why so few? Behav Modif. 2005 Jul;29(4):616-41.
58. Martinent G, Ferrand C. A cluster analysis of perfectionism among competitive athletes. Psychol Rep. 2006 Dec;99(3):723-38.
59. McClung M, Collins D. “Because I know it will!”: placebo effects of an ergogenic aid on athletic performance. J Sport Exerc Psychol. 2007 Jun;29(3):382-94.
60. McDuff DR, Morse ED, White RK. Professional and collegiate team assistance programs: services and utilization patterns. Clin Sports Med. 2005 Oct;24(4):943-58, x-xi.
61. Mellalieu SD, Neil R, Hanton S. Self-confidence as a mediator of the relationship between competitive anxiety intensity and interpretation. Res Q Exerc Sport. 2006 Jun;77(2):263-70.
62. Miller JR, Adamson GJ, Pink MM, Sweet JC. Comparison of preseason, midseason, and postseason neurocognitive scores in uninjured collegiate football players. Am J Sports Med. 2007 Aug;35(8):1284-8.
63. Millet GP, Groslambert A, Barbier B, Rouillon JD, Candau RB. Modelling the relationships between training, anxiety, and fatigue in elite athletes. Int J Sports Med. 2005 Jul-Aug;26(6):492-8.
64. Moreno FJ, Luis V, Salgado F, Garcia JA, Reina R. Visual behavior and perception of trajectories of moving objects with visual occlusion. Percept Mot Skills. 2005 Aug;101(1):13-20.
65. Morgan WP, Raglin JS, O’Connor PJ. Trait anxiety predicts panic behavior in beginning scuba students. International Journal of Sports Medicine 2004 May;25(4):314-22.
66. Mori S, Ohtani Y, Imanaka K. Reaction times and anticipatory skills of karate athletes. Hum Mov Sci. 2002 Jul;21(2):213-30.
67. Nicholls AR, Polman RC. Coping in sport: A systematic review. J Sports Sci. 2007 Jan 1;25(1):11-31.
68. Niess AM, Feherenbach E, Roecker K, Lehmann R, Opavsky L, Dickhuth HH. Individual differences in self-reported heat tolerance. Is there a link to the cardiocirculatory, thermoregulatory and hormonal response to endurance exercise in heat? J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2003 Sep;43(3):386-92.
69. O‘Brien M, Hanton S, Mellalieu SD. Intensity and direction of competitive anxiety as a function of goal attainment expectation and competition goal generation. J Sci Med Sport. 2005 Dec;8(4):423-32.
70. Pearce PZ. A practical approach to the overtraining syndrome. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2002 Jun;1(3):179-83.