16. D.E. Sugden, D.R. Marchant, N. Potter, Jr., R.A. Souchez, G.H. Denton, C.C. Swisher III, and J.-L. Tison, “Preservation of Miocene Glacier Ice In East Antarctica,” Nature 376:412-414, 1995.
17. D.R. Marchant, A.R. Lewis, W.M. Phillips, E.J. Moore, R.A. Souchez, G.H. Denton, D.E. Sugden, N. Potter, Jr., and G.P. Landis, “Formation of Patterned Ground and Sublimation Till Over Miocene Glacier Ice in Beacon Valley, Southern Victoria Land, Antarctica,” Geological Society of America Bulletin 114:718-730, 2002.
18. John Priscu, personal communication, September 8, 2008.
19. W.D. Grant, “Life at Low Water Activity,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B,Biological Sciences 359(1448):1249-1266, 2004.
20. L.J. Rothschild and R.L. Mancinelli, “Life in Extreme Environments,” Nature 409:1092-1101, 2001.
21. V.R. Phoenix, P.C. Bennett, A. Summers Engel, S.W. Tyler, and F.G. Ferris. “Chilean High-altitude Hot Spring Sinters: A Model System for UV Screening Mechanisms by Early Precambrian Cyanobacteria,” Geobiology 4:15-28, 2006.
22. C.R. Omelon, W.H. Pollard, and F.G. Ferris, “Environmental Controls on Microbial Colonization of High Arctic Cryptoendolithic Habits,” Polar Biology 30:19-29, 2006.