. "Appendix C: Relative Hazards of Near- and Far-field Tsunami Sources." Tsunami Warning and Preparedness: An Assessment of the U.S. Tsunami Program and the Nation's Preparedness Efforts. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2011.
The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Tsunami Warning and Preparedness: An Assessment of the U.S. Tsunami Program
3. Geist, E.L. and T Parsons. 2009. Assessment of source probabilities for potential tsunamis affecting the U.S. Atlantic coast. Marine Geology 264(1-2):98-108.
4. Suleimani, E.N., R.A. Hansen, R.A. Comebellick, G.A. Carver, R.A. Kamphaus, J.C. Newman, and A.J. Venturato. 2002. TsunamiHazard Maps of the Kodiak Area, Alaska. Alaska Division of Geological and Geophysical Surveys and the Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, Alaska.
5. Wesson, R.L., O.S. Boyd, C.S. Mueller, and A.D. Frankel. 2008. Challenges in making a seismic hazard map for Alaska and the Aleutians: Active tectonics and seismic potential of Alaska. Geophysical Monograph 179:385-397.
6. Suleimani, E.N., R.A. Comebillick, R.A. Hansen, A.J. Venturato, and J.C. Newman. 2005. Tsunami Hazard Maps of the Homerand Seldovia Areas, Alaska. State of Alaska Department of Natural Resources, Fairbanks, Alaska.
7. Carver, G. and G. Plafker. 2008. Paleoseismicity and neotectonics of the Aleutian Subduction Zone: An overview. In ActiveTectonics and Seismic Potential of Alaska, Freymueller, J.T., P.J. Haeussler, R. Wesson, and G. Ekstrom (Eds.). American Geophysical Union, Washington, DC.
8. Priest, G.R., C. Goldfinger, K. Wang, R.C. Witter, Y. Zhang, and A.M. Baptista. 2009. Confidence levels for tsunami-inundation limits in northern Oregon inferred from a 10,000-year history of great earthquakes at the Cascadia subduction zone. Natural Hazards 1-47.
9. González, F.I., E. Geist, C.E. Synolakis, D. Arcas, D. Bellomo, D. Carlton, T. Horning, B. Jaffe, J. Johnson, U. Kanoglu, H. Mofjeld, J. Newman, T. Parsons, R. Peters, C. Peterson, G. Priest, V.V. Titov, A. Venturato, J. Weber, F. Wong, A. Yalciner. 2006. Seaside,Oregon Tsunami Pilot Study—Modernization of FEMA Flood Hazard Maps. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, U.S. Geological Survey, and Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington, DC.
10. Uslu, B., J.C. Borrero, L.A. Dengler, and C.E. Synolakis. 2007. Tsunami inundation at Crescent City, California generated by earthquakes along the Cascadia subduction zone. Geophysical Research Letters 34:L20601.