U.S. Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration’s Perspective on Proliferation Risk and Nuclear Fuel Cycles
PANEL 1– Key Issues for Nonproliferation Policy
Points for discussion:
• Identify the key questions associated with proliferation policy, in your office’s view
• How is the proliferation risk of fuel cycle/reactor choices measured
• What other considerations are taken into account in decision-making
• What analytical tools are not currently used but could prove useful
• Compare the importance of fuel cycle/reactor choices vs. other government actions (e.g., government controls) that can be taken.
Lunch Briefing: The Threat from Low-Cost Centrifuge Enrichment and A.Q. Khan: The Genie is out of the Bottle.