16:00: Break into smaller group to discuss specific dual-use topics with set learning goals in mind (i.e., set the goals up front)
17:15: Expand on the relevant topics of dual use in biological sciences relevant to Egypt (and the MENA more broadly)
Wednesday June 1: Practical matters
Open Data-Gathering Session
9:30: Designing the Institute. The group will discuss the general educational approach to be employed in the first Institute.
• A consistent message that the Education Institute should impart to the faculty/students during the event
• Syllabus content and reading materials
• Faculty of the Institute and assignments
• Logistics of the Education Institute, including methods to select participants for the Institute
• The Education Institute students
10:30: The participants will break into small groups; each group will be assigned one of the previous topics. The groups will think conceptually about the topics and will present their findings and recommendations to the plenary that follows [NOTE: rapporteurs will be assigned; there will be coffee and refreshments so that groups may take a break].
12:00: Plenary - reports from working groups on the five topics
14:15: Plenary session-continued
16:00: Final Plenary - Summing up and additional assignments