With particular reference to neuroscience research, to:
• Identify and discuss international differences in animal research regulations:
o Discuss current and emerging issues.
• Discuss legal trends and activity in the courts that may impact research.
• Examine the implications of regulations on the neuroscience research enterprise.
• Discuss current communication strategies regarding animal research.
• Explore the feasibility of developing a set of global core principles and outcomes for animal care and use.
Welcome, Introductions, and Objectives
Animal Research in the Neurosciences
SESSION I: CURRENT REGULATIONS AND EMERGING ISSUES
Session Objective: Highlight current animal research regulations, policies, and guidance. Review differences in approaches to regulations and practices exemplified by the United States and European Union and new regulations currently being proposed in emerging regions (e.g., Asia and South America). Include a review of current and emerging issues in animal research regulations.
Overview and Session Objectives