Panel Discussion with Speakers and Participants:
• What is the basis for regulatory differences among countries?
• What are emerging key issues surrounding animal research regulations?
SESSION II: IMPACT OF LEGAL TRENDS ON ANIMAL RESEARCH
Session Objective: Discuss changes to laws regarding animal rights on regulations and research. Explore emerging laws and legal strategies that have the potential to directly influence the use of animals in medical research.
Overview and Session Objectives ARTHUR SUSSMAN, Session Chair
Animal Rights Laws
• Examine the interplay between the legal system and animal use regulatory system.
• What are the potential implications of changes in regulations to the legal rights of animals? Research?
• What are current trends, United States versus European differences?
MARGARET FOSTER RILEY