evidence in decision making, innovation, everyday work. Exposure to and participation in arts, literature, group work.
Indicators for infrastructure for formal education system
• Research productivity of institutions
• For institutions and national, state, and local systems:
o quality, including degree of innovation, commitment to society, and fostering of learning
o costs for each participant in the system (e.g. students, taxpayers, government), and measures of efficiency
o availability and opportunity (including technology use to reach new students)
Indicators for infrastructure of nonformal education system and employment training
• Ages 0-6: quality of family/community support and learning systems
• Ages 6-18: opportunities for extra support in school work (after school classes, summers, tutors). Use of study groups and networks, peers, web based tools and other independent study aides.
• Ages 18 and up: opportunities for and utilization of employment training, engagement in nonformal learning networks, clubs, professional associations, community, web-based tools