The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Key National Education Indicators
5. Percentage of parents who are connected to or partner with early childhood providers via interactions that are planned and collaborative.
1. An index of the type of child care available for children ages 0-3 and 3-6
2. An assessment of the quality of care provided to children in child care program
3. An assessment of learning readiness administered in kindergarten
4. Percentage of children (birth to age 5) living in poverty, especially living in persistent poverty during this period
1. Attendance in school by age
2. College readiness levels by age/grade
3. A measure of safe and orderly school climate
4. A measure of school culture (supportiveness) for college and careers
5. A measure of collaborative school community that focuses on student learning
1. Parent satisfaction with education
2. K-12 education spending as a share of GDP
3. K-12 education spending per student
4. Teacher student ratio
1. Proportion of teachers whose evaluations distinguish them from a basic standard, using measures of their contributions to student achievement and their professional practice.
2. Percentage of K-12 education funding spent on research and development
3. Voter registration rate of 18-21 year olds
1. Teachers with mastery-level and current knowledge of content they are teaching
2. Teachers with mastery-level and contemporary knowledge of child and adolescent development
3. Curricula with demonstrated evidence of associations with student learning
4. Teacher-student interactions that demonstrate high levels and qualities of involvement, stimulation, and expansion of thinking and cognition, and sensitivity to students’ perspectives, individual experiences, and backgrounds
5. Teacher-student interactions that foster relationships with and among students