• Prioritize development of an operational strategy to improve demand forecasting.
• Develop a mechanism for pooled procurement to increase predictability and volume of demand.
• Maintain a buffer inventory of SLDs with optimal size, scope, and design to improve production efficiencies by smoothing demand, thereby reducing product costs and delivery lead times.
• Use innovative mechanisms to facilitate long-term financing commitments and improve contracting structures.
• Bundle SLDs with other well-established drug supply chains to lower costs and expedite delivery.
• Improve flexibility and predictability of funding; facilitate reallocation of unused funds to avoid loss to use.
• Develop in-country capacity and support system strengthening through training programs.
• Facilitate regulatory harmonization to reduce delays in drug qualifications and approvals.
• Increase level of engagement with private sector and governments in countries.
• Mobilize public and private advocacy for MDR TB.
• Develop a system of universal, standardized bar coding for products coupled with mobile information technology to track drug supply and prevent stock-outs.
• Implement an EMR system for MDR TB programs.
• Simplify regulatory dossiers and priority sequencing; consolidate and harmonize NTPs’ technical product specifications.
• Facilitate regular interaction with manufacturers around demand forecasting.
a Identified by individual workshop participants.