24. Heinemann, A. W., Colorez, A., Frank, S., et al. Leisure activity participation of elderly individuals with low vision. The Gerontologist 1988; 28:181-184.
25. High, W. S., Fairbanks, G., and Glorig, A. Scale for self-assessment of hearing handicap. Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders 1964; 29:215-230.
26. Hiller, R., and Kahn, H. A. Blindness from glaucoma. American Journal of Ophthalmology 1975; 80:62-67.
27. Hinchcliffe, R. Hearing levels of elderly in Jamaica: A pilot survey. Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology 1964; 73:1012-1019.
28. Humphrey, C., Gilhome-Herbst, K., and Faurqi, S. Some characteristics of the hearing-impaired elderly who do not present themselves for rehabilitation. British Journal of Audiology 1981; 15:25-30.
29. Jones, D. A., Victor, C. R., and Vetter, N. J. Hearing difficulty and its psychological implications for the elderly. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 1984; 38:75-78.
30. Keltner, J. L., and Johnson, C. A. Visual function, driving safety, and the elderly. Ophthalmology 1987; 94(9):1180-1188.
31. Leske, M. C. The epidemiology of open-angle glaucoma: A review. American Journal of Epidemiology 1983; 118(2):166-191.
32. Lichtenstein, M. J., Bess, F. H., and Logan, S. A. Validity of screening tools for identifying hearing-impaired elderly in primary care. Journal of the American Medical Association 1988; 259:2875-2878.
33. Mitchell, P. Prevention of blindness in Australia. Australian Family Physician 1985; 14:757-765.
34. Moore, N. C. Is paranoid illness associated with sensory defects in the elderly? Journal of Psychosomatic Research 1981; 25:69-74.
35. Moscicki, E. K., Elkins, E. F., Baum, H. M., et al. Hearing loss in the elderly: An epidemiologic study of the Framingham Heart Study Cohort. Ear and Hearing 1985; 6:184-190.
36. Murphy, R. P. Age-related macular degeneration. Ophthalmology 1986; 93:969-971.
37. National Center for Health Statistics (Moss, A. J., and Parsons, V.). Estimates from the National Health Interview Survey, U.S., 1985. DHHS Publ. No. (PHS) 86-1588. Washington, D.C.: National Center for Health Statistics, 1986.
38. National Center for Health Statistics. Refraction status and motility defects of persons 4-74 years. United States 1971-1972. Publ. No. (PHS) 86-1250. Vital and Health Statistics, Series 11, No. 206, 1978, pp. 89-93.
39. Nelson, K. A. Visual impairment among elderly Americans: Statistics in transition . Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness 1987; 81:331-334.
40. Newman, C. W., and Weinstein, B. E. The hearing handicap inventory for the elderly as a measure of hearing aid benefit. Ear and Hearing 1988; 9:81-85.
41. Ohta, R. J., Carlin, M. F., and Harmon, B. M. Auditory acuity and performance on the mental status questionnaire in the elderly. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 1981; 29:476-478.
42. Ordy, J. M., and Brizee, K. R. Sensory Systems and Communication in the Elderly. New York: Raven Press, 1979.
43. Power, E. J., Wagner, J. L., and Duffy, B. M. Screening for Open-Angle Glaucoma in the Elderly. Washington, D.C.: Health Program, Office of Technology Assessment, Congress of the United States, October 1988.
44. Retchin, S. M., Cox J., and Fox, I. L. Performance based measurements