The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
The Second Fifty Years: Promoting Health and Preventing Disability
among elderly drivers and nondrivers. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 1988; 36(9):813-819.
45. Rosen, S., Bergman, M., Plester, D., et al. Presbycusis study of a relatively noise-free population in the Sudan. Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology 1962; 71:727-743.
46. Rousseau, P. Hearing loss in the elderly. American Family Physician 1987; 36(3):107-113.
47. Schow, R. L., and Nerbonne, M. A. Hearing levels among elderly nursing home residents. Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders 1980; 45:124-132.
48. Singerman, B., Riedner, E., and Folstein, M. Emotional disturbance in hearing clinic patients. British Journal of Psychiatry 1980; 137:58-62.
49. Snyder, L. H., Pyrek, J., and Smith, K. C. Vision and mental function of the elderly. The Gerontologist 1976; 16:491-495.
50. Straatsma, B. R., Foos, R. Y., and Horowitz, J. Aging-related cataract: Laboratory investigation and clinical management . Annals of Internal Medicine 1985; 102:82-92.
51. Thomas, P. D., Hunt, W. C., and Garry, P. J. Hearing acuity in a healthy elderly population: Effects on emotional, cognitive, and social status. Journal of Gerontology 1983; 38:321-325.
52. Uhlmann, R. F., Rees, T. S., Pasty, B. M., et al. Validity and reliability of auditory screening tests in demented and non-demented older adults. Journal of General Internal Medicine 1986; 4(2):90-96.
53. Uhlmann, R. F., Larson, E. B., and Koepsell, T. D. Hearing impairment and cognitive decline in senile dementia of the Alzheimer's type. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 1989; 34:207-210.
54. Uhlman, R. F., Larson, E. B., Rees, T. S., et al. Relationship of hearing impairment to dementia and cognitive dysfunction in older adults. Journal of the American Medical Association 1989; 261:1916-1919.
55. Ventry, I. M., and Weinstein, B. E. Identification of elderly people with hearing problems. ASHA 1983; 25(7):37-42.
56 Weinstein, B. E. Validity of a screening protocol for identifying elderly people with hearing problems. ASHA 1986; 28(5):41-45.
57. Weinstein, B. E., and Amsel, L. Hearing loss and senile dementia in the institutionalized elderly. Clinical Gerontologist 1986; 4:3-15.
58. Weinstein, B. E., and Ventry, I. M. Hearing impairment and social isolation in the elderly. Journal of Speech and Hearing Research 1982; 25:593-599.