among elderly drivers and nondrivers. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 1988; 36(9):813-819.
45. Rosen, S., Bergman, M., Plester, D., et al. Presbycusis study of a relatively noise-free population in the Sudan. Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology 1962; 71:727-743.
46. Rousseau, P. Hearing loss in the elderly. American Family Physician 1987; 36(3):107-113.
47. Schow, R. L., and Nerbonne, M. A. Hearing levels among elderly nursing home residents. Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders 1980; 45:124-132.
48. Singerman, B., Riedner, E., and Folstein, M. Emotional disturbance in hearing clinic patients. British Journal of Psychiatry 1980; 137:58-62.
49. Snyder, L. H., Pyrek, J., and Smith, K. C. Vision and mental function of the elderly. The Gerontologist 1976; 16:491-495.
50. Straatsma, B. R., Foos, R. Y., and Horowitz, J. Aging-related cataract: Laboratory investigation and clinical management . Annals of Internal Medicine 1985; 102:82-92.
51. Thomas, P. D., Hunt, W. C., and Garry, P. J. Hearing acuity in a healthy elderly population: Effects on emotional, cognitive, and social status. Journal of Gerontology 1983; 38:321-325.
52. Uhlmann, R. F., Rees, T. S., Pasty, B. M., et al. Validity and reliability of auditory screening tests in demented and non-demented older adults. Journal of General Internal Medicine 1986; 4(2):90-96.
53. Uhlmann, R. F., Larson, E. B., and Koepsell, T. D. Hearing impairment and cognitive decline in senile dementia of the Alzheimer's type. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 1989; 34:207-210.
54. Uhlman, R. F., Larson, E. B., Rees, T. S., et al. Relationship of hearing impairment to dementia and cognitive dysfunction in older adults. Journal of the American Medical Association 1989; 261:1916-1919.
55. Ventry, I. M., and Weinstein, B. E. Identification of elderly people with hearing problems. ASHA 1983; 25(7):37-42.
56 Weinstein, B. E. Validity of a screening protocol for identifying elderly people with hearing problems. ASHA 1986; 28(5):41-45.
57. Weinstein, B. E., and Amsel, L. Hearing loss and senile dementia in the institutionalized elderly. Clinical Gerontologist 1986; 4:3-15.
58. Weinstein, B. E., and Ventry, I. M. Hearing impairment and social isolation in the elderly. Journal of Speech and Hearing Research 1982; 25:593-599.