The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
The Second Fifty Years: Promoting Health and Preventing Disability
78. Sondek, E. J. Cancer Statistics Review, 1973-1986. NIH Publ. No. 89-2789. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1989.
79. Strauss, R. P. Psychosocial responses to oral and maxillofacial surgery for head and neck cancer. Journal of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery 1989; 47(4):343-348.
80. U.K. Trial of Early Detection of Breast Cancer Group. First results on mortality reduction in the U.K. Trial of Early Detection of Breast Cancer Group. Lancet 1988; 2:411-416.
81. U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1989.
82. Verbeek, A. L., Hendriks, J. H., Holland, R., et al. Reduction of breast cancer mortality through mass screening with modern mammography: First results of the Nijmegen project, 1975-1981. Lancet 1984; 1:1222-1224.
83. Verbeek, A. L. M., Hendriks, J. H., Holland, R., et al. Mammographic screening and breast cancer mortality: Age-specific effects in the Nijmegen Project, 1975-82 (letter). Lancet 1985; 1:865-866.
84. Winawer, S. J., Andrews, M., Flehinger, B., et al. Progress report on controlled trial of fecal occult blood testing for the detection of colorectal neoplasia. Cancer 1980; 45:2959-2964.
85. Yu, S., Miller, A. B., and Sherman, G. J. Optimising the age, number of tests and test interval for cervical screening in Canada. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 1982; 36:1-20.