The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
The Second Fifty Years: Promoting Health and Preventing Disability
of the Subcommittee on Health and Long-Term Care of the Select Committee on Aging. 98th Cong., 2d sess. Committee Print No. 98-435. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1984.
111. Vallbona, C., and Baker, S. B. Physical fitness prospects in the elderly. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1984; 65:194-200.
112. Walser, M. Does dietary therapy have a role in the predialysis patient? American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1980; 33:1629.
113. Warnold, I., Falkheden, T., Hulten, B., and Isaksson, B. Energy intake and expenditure in selected groups of hospital patients . American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1978; 31:742.
114. Wasserthiell Smoller, S., Langford, H. G., Flaufox, M. B., Oberman, A., Hawkins, M., Levine, B., Cameron, M., Babcock, C., Presel, S., Caggiula, A., Cutter, G., Curb, D., and Wong, R. Effective dietary intervention in hypertensives: Sodium restriction and weight reduction. Journal of the American Dietetic Association 1980; 85:423.
115. Weinsier, R. L., Johnston, M. H., and Doleys, D. M. Time calorie displacement diets for weight control. Evaluation of safety and efficiency. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1980; 33:950.
116. Whitehouse, F. W., Whitehouse, I. J., Cox, M. S., Goldman, J., Kahkonen, D. M., Partamian, J. O., and Tamayo, R. T. C. Outpatient regulations of the insulin requiring person with diabetes (an alternative to hospitalization). Journal of Chronic Disease 1983; 36:433.
117. Wilson, P. W. F., Garrison, R. T., Castelli, W. F., et al. Prevalence of coronary heart disease in the Framingham offspring study and the role of lipoprotein cholesterols. American Journal of Cardiology 1980; 46:649-664.
118. Wilson, W., and Pratt, C. The impact of diabetes education and peer support in weight and glycemic control of elderly persons with noninsulin dependent diabetes mellitus. American Journal of Public Health 1987; 77:6234.
119. Winkelstein, W. Some ecological studies of lung cancer and ischemic heart disease mortality in the United States. International Journal of Epidemiology 1987; 14:39-57.
120. Wolinsky, F. D., Coe, R. M., Chavez, M. N., Prendergast, J. M., and Miller, J. Further assessment of reliability and validity of a nutritional risk index: Analysis of a 3 wave panel to study elderly adults. Health Services Research 1986; 20:977-990.
121. Wolinsky, F. D., Coe, R. M., Miller, D. E., et al. Measurement of global and functional dimensions of health status in the elderly. Journal of Gerontology 1984; 39:88-92.
122. Wolinsky, F. D., Prendergast, J. M., Miller, D. E., Coe, R. M., and Chavez, N. M. Preliminary validation of a nutritional risk index. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 1985; 1:53-59.
123. Wolinsky, F. D., Coe, R. M., et al. Further assessment of reliability and validity of a nutritional risk index. Health Services Research 1986; 20(6, Pt. 2):977-990.