mineral content of the aging skeleton. Mechanisms of Aging and Development 1984; 28:273-277.
26. Schoenborn, C. A., and Cohen, B. H. Trends in smoking, alcohol consumption and other health practices among U.S. adults: 1977 and 1983 . National Center for Health Statistics, Advance Data No. 118, pp. 1-16, 1986.
27. Stokes, J., and Rigotti, N. A. The health consequences of cigarette smoking and the internist's role in smoking cessation. Advances in Internal Medicine 1988; 33:431-460.
28. Stokes, J., Kannel, W. B., D' Agostino, R. B., Wolf, P. A., and Cupples, L. A. Blood pressure as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. The Framingham study: 30 years of follow-up. Hypertension 1989; 13(5, Pt. 2):113-118.
29. Stoto, M. A. Changes in adult smoking behavior in the United States: 1955-1983. Harvard University, J.F.K. School of Government, Institute for the Study of Smoking Behavior and Policy, 1986.
30. Wechsler, H., Levine, S., Idelson, R. K., et al. The physicians' role in health promotion—a survey of primary-care practitioners. New England Journal of Medicine 1983; 308:97-100.
31. Wolf, P. A., D'Agostino, R. B., Kannel, W. B., Bonita, R., and Belanger, A. J. Cigarette smoking as a risk factor for stroke. Journal of the American Medical Association 1988; 259:1025-1029.