The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
The Changing Economics of Medical Technology
3. Burstall ML , Wallerstein K. American Pharmaceutical Companies in Britain and Europe, unpublished .
4. Burstall ML , Reuben BG. The Cost of Fragmentation in the European Community's Pharmaceutical Industry and Market . Brussels : European Community 1988 : 52-67 .
5. Lis Y , Walker SR. Novel medicines marketed in the United Kingdom 1960-1987 . British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1989 ; 28 : 333-343 .
6. Chew R , Teeling-Smith G , Wells N. Pharmaceuticals in Seven Nations , London : Office of Health Economics , 1985, Table 26, p. 39.
7. Burstall ML , Reuben BG. The Cost of Fragmentation in the European Community's Pharmaceutical Industry and Market . Brussels : European Community 1988 : 90-99 .
8. European Commission . Report from the Commission on the Activities of the Committee for Proprietary Medicines [COM (88) 143 Final] .
9. Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) and the United Kingdom Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) : The Pharmaceutical Price Regulation Scheme, 1986.
10. See the company-by-company information given in the annual issues of Scrip's Pharmaceutical League Tables, 1981/2 to date. Richmond-on-Thames : PJB Publications .
11. Burstall ML. Generic Pharmaceuticals in Europe—Blessing or Threat? London : Economists Advisory Group Ltd. , 1986 , pp. 16-32, 47-55 .
12. Burstall ML , Wallerstein K. American Pharmaceutical Companies in Britain and Europe, unpublished.
13. Council Directive relating to the Transparency of Measures Regulating the Pricing of Medicinal Products for Human Use and Their Inclusion Within the Scope of National Health Insurance Systems [COM (88) 231. OJ C 129, 18/5/1988] .