The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
The Changing Economics of Medical Technology
29. Costly shock wave machines fare poorly on gallstones, disappointing hospitals . Wall Street Journal , February 9, 1990 : B1, B6 .
30. United States House of Representatives , Committee on Ways and Means . Medicare Reimbursement for Cataract Surgery . Washington, D.C. : U.S. Government Printing Office , 1985 ; 35 : 99-37 .
31. Editorial . The role of the Food and Drug Administration in ophthalmology . Archives of Ophthalmology, August 1986 ; 104 : 1145-1148 .
32. Worthen DM , Boucher JA , Buxton J , Lowther G , Talbott M. Update report on intraocular lenses . In American Academy of Ophthalmology 1981 ; 88 : 381-385 .
33. McCarthy E , Pokras R , Moien M. National trends in lens extraction 1965-1984 . Journal of the American Optometric Association 1988 ; 59 : 31-35 .
34. Biomedical Business International, May 16, 1989 ; 12 : 69-72 .
35. Kaitin K , Mattison N , Northington F. The drug lag: an update of new drug introduction in the United States and the United Kingdom, 1977 through 1987 . Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 1989 ; 46 : 121-138 .
36. Federal Register . Vol. 52 , No. 141, July 23, 1987 , 27756-27765 .