National Resilience Scorecard Implementation
(1) Scorecard engagement—involving communities
• How can federal agencies successfully engage with communities, including the private sector, to develop a general scorecard framework and who should be engaged at the non-federal level? What are the challenges to this kind of engagement?
• Once a national scorecard framework is established (or while it is being established), what mechanisms can be used by local leaders to engage their communities in tailoring the scorecard to their specific circumstances?
• How will community scorecards help the federal government to tailor their approaches and policies to increase national resilience?
(2) Ensure scorecard implementation in the short and long term
• What incentives can be used by local leaders to encourage citizens, neighborhoods, communities to employ the scorecard and become engaged in building their own resilience?
• How can the federal and community coalition roles be linked for best result in scorecard development and implementation?
• What support will local communities require from state and federal levels in order to be able to use the scorecards effectively?
• What types of guidance should accompany the scorecard to support its adoption and application by local and regional communities?
• What are two steps that we can take (at federal, state, or local levels, including the private sector) in the next 1-2 years to move the scorecard forward?
• What are two steps that we can take (at federal, state, or local levels, including the private sector) in the next 3-5 years to move the scorecard forward?
(1) What knowledge base is required for developing risk management strategies to make communities and the nation more resilient with respect to natural disasters?
(2) What roles should the private sector and the public sector (federal, state, local government and communities) play in the development of these risk management strategies?
(3) In developing risk management strategies, how does one incorporate behavioral factors that impact on the decision-making process?