in planning to improve outcomes and allow for pediatric considerations to be integrated throughout local and state emergency plans. A special focus on resilience and recovery will highlight best practices already being employed specifically for children, and what opportunities exist to explore successful recovery strategies further.
• Discuss progress being made in different sectors around the country related to the 2010 National Commission Recommendations and opportunities for integrating related pediatric work into local and state planning efforts.
• Discuss opportunities to augment children’s benefits by leveraging existing coalitions.
○ Explore coalition challenges and successes from federal, state, local, and provider perspectives.
• Describe opportunities to strengthen public health partnerships to address the needs of children and families.
• Understand barriers and challenges to better financial systems related to pediatric preparedness.
○ Discuss importance of health care financing education among stakeholders.
○ Consider strategies to reduce the financial burden on public health and health care facilities.
• Emphasize different capabilities needed for mass care and sheltering to provide for families and children with special health care needs.
• Examine resilience strategies that lead to successful recovery in children after a disaster.
• Understand current approaches and interventions to improve recovery in children after any type of emergency or disaster.