12. Chakraborty R, Kidd K. The utility of DNA typing in forensic work. Science. 254:17351739, 1991.
13. Risch N, Devlin B. On the probability of matching DNA fingerprints. Science. 255:717720, 1992.
14. Weir B. Independence of VNTR alleles defined as fixed bins. Genetics, in press.
15. Lewontin RC. The apportionment o£ human diversity. Evol Biol. 6:381-398, 1972.
16. Deka R, Chakraborty R, Ferrell RE. A population genetic study of six VNTR loci in three ethnically defined populations. Genomics. 11:83-92, 1991.
17. Cavalli-Sforza LL, Bodmer WF. The genetics of human populations. San Francisco: W.H. Freeman, 1971.
18. Lempert R. Some caveats concerning DNA as criminal identification evidence: with thanks to the Reverend Bayes. Cardozo Law Rev. 13:303-341, 1991.
19. Evett I, Werrett D, Pinchin R, Gill P. Bayesian analysis of single locus DNA profiles. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Human Identification 1989. Madison, Wisconsin: Promega Corp., 1991).
20 Berry DA. Influences using DNA profiling in forensic identification and paternity cases. Star Sci. 6:175-205, 1991.
21. Berry DA, Evett IW, Pinchin R. Statistical inferences in crime investigation using DNA profiling. J Royal Star Soc. [Series C - Applied Statistics], in press.
22. Budowle B, Giusti AM, Waye JS, Baechtel FS, Fourney RM, Adams DE, Presley LA, Deadman HA, Monson KL. Fixed-bin analysis for statistical evaluation of continuous distributions of allelic data from VNTR loci, for use in forensic comparisons. Am J Hum Goner. 48-841-855, 1991.
23. DiLonardo AM, Darlu P, Baur M, Orrego C, King MC. Human genetics and human rights: identifying the families of kidnapped children. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 5:339-347, 1984.
24. King MC. An application of DNA sequencing to a human rights problem. Pp. 117-132 in: Friedmann T, ed. Molecular Genetic Medicine. Vol. 1. New York: Academic Press, 1991.
25. California Association of Crime Laboratory Directors, DNA Committee, Reports to the Board of Directors: 1, August 25, 1987; 2, November 19, 1987; 3, March 28, 1988, 4, May 18, 1988; 5, October 1, 1988; 6, October 1, 1988.
26. Lander ES. DNA fingerprinting on trial. (Commentary.) Nature. 339:501-505, 1989.
27. The fallibility of forensic DNA testing: of proficiency in public and private laboratories. Part I. The private sphere. Sci Sleuth Rev. 14121:10, 1990.
28. Dausset J, Cann H, Cohen D, Lathrop M, Lalouel J-M, White R, Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain (CEPH): collaborative genetic mapping of the human genome. Genomics. 6:575-577, 1990.
29. Jeffreys A, MacLeod A, Tamaki K, Nell D, Monckton D. Minisatellite repeat coding as a digital approach to DNA typing. Nature. 354:204-209, 1991.