floor automation systems . See Kaminski, Michael A. 1990. "The Users' Viewpoint on Standards-Based Communications," Crossroads of Information Technology Standards, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., p. 11.
10. Dorros, Irwin. 1990. "Calling for Cooperation," Bellcore Exchange , November–December, p. 7.
11. Kleinrock, Leonard. 1991. "ISDN—The Path to Broadband Networks," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 79, No. 2, February, p. 112.
12. Brandt, Richard. 1991. "Can the U.S. Stay Ahead in Software?" Business Week, March 11, p. 104.
13. Public telephone companies now offer two types of enhanced service for transmission of digital data. T1 service transmits data at the rate of 1.5 million bits per second, sufficient for simultaneous transmission of voice communication and textual and numerical data; T3 service offers a transmission rate of about 45 million bits per second, which accommodates only rudimentary real-time graphics applications.
14. Gilder, George. 1991. "Into the Telecosm," Harvard Business Review , March–April, pp. 150–161.