. "APPENDIX B - NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH SUPPORT OF RESEARCH IN DEPARTMENTS OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY." Strengthening Research in Academic OB/GYN Departments. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 1992.
The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Strengthening Research in Academic OB/GYN Departments
17. Wyngaarden, J. 1981. The Clinical Investigator as an Endangered Species. Bull New York Academic Medicine. 57(6):415–426.
18. Smith, Lloyd H. Jr. 1989. Training of Physician Scientists. Background Paper for National Research Council, Committee on Biomedical and Behavioral Personnel. Washington, D.C. National Academy Press.
19. Institute of Medicine. 1989. Research Capabilities of Academic Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Report of a planning Committee. Washington, D.C.
20. National Institutes of Health. 1988. Peer Review Trends. 1976–1985. Division of Research Grants. Bethesda, Maryland.
21. Avis, Fredrick P., Ellenberg, S. and Friedman, M. 1988. Surgical Oncology Research. Annals of Surgery. 207(3)262–268.
22. Association of American Medical Colleges. 1989. Distribution of Full Time Faculty at U.S. Medical Schools who are Principal Investigators by Department. A series of tables prepared for the National Institutes of Health. Washington, D.C.
23. Pearse, Warren H., et al. 1986. Obstetric and Gynecological Manpower. Obstetrics and Gynecology. Vol. 70, No.3. Part 1. September, 1987.
24. Pearse, Warren H., et.al. Trends in Obstetric and Gynecological Academic Manpower and Research 1977–1990. (In press 1991)
25. Gentile, Nancy O., et.al. 1987. Research Activity of Full Tune Faculty in Departments of Medicine. Washington, D.C. Association of Professors of Medicine and Association of American Medical Colleges.
26. Kretchmer, Norman. 1980. The Support of Academic Obstetrics: The Public Sector in the Current Status and Future of Academic Obstetrics. Edited by John Bowers and Elizabeth Purcell. 1980. New York, NY: Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation.
27. Association of American Medical Colleges. U.S. Medical School Finance 1988–1989. Section for Operational Studies, July 1990. Washington, D.C.: Association of American Medical Colleges.
28. National Institutes of Health. 1989. Orientation Handbook for Members of Scientific Review Group. Division of Research Grants. Bethesda, Maryland.
29. National Institutes of Health. 1989. Activity Codes, Organizational Codes, and Definitions Used in Extramural Programs. Division of Research Grants. Bethesda, Maryland.