11. CDC (Centers for Disease Control). 1989. CDC criteria for anemia in children and childbearing-aged women. Morbid. Mortal. Weekly Rep. 38:400-404.
12. MRC Vitamin Study Research Group. 1991. Prevention of neural tube defects: Results of the Medical Research Council Vitamin Study. Lancet 2:131-137.
13. USDA/DHHS (U.S. Department of Agriculture/U.S. Department of Health and Human Services). 1990. Nutrition and Your Health: Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 3rd ed. Home and Garden Bulletin No. 232. U.S. Department of Agriculture/U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC. 28 pp.
14. Anderson, S.A. (ed.) 1991. Guidelines for the Assessment and Management of Iron Deficiency in Women of Childbearing Age. Life Sciences Research Office, Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, Bethesda, MD. 37 pp.
15. CDC (Centers for Disease Control). 1991. Use of folic acid for prevention of spina bifida and other neural tube defects 1983-1991. Morbid. Mortal. Weekly Rep. 40:513-516.
16. Committee on Drugs, American Academy of Pediatrics. 1989. Transfer of drugs and other chemicals into human milk. Pediatrics 84:924-936.
17. Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University. 1988. P. 15 in A Smart Start: Nutrition for Life. Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
18. Anderson, P.P., and E.S. Fenichel. 1989. Serving Culturally Diverse Families of Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities. Washington, DC: National Center for Clinical Infant Programs.
19. NRC (National Research Council). 1989. Recommended Dietary Allowances, 10th ed. Report of the Subcommittee on the Tenth Edition of the RDAs, Food and Nutrition Board, Commission on Life Sciences. National Academy Press, Washington, DC. 284 pp.
20. Boisvert-Walsh, C., and J. Kallio. 1990. Reaching out to those at highest risk. Pp. 63-84 in M. Kaufman, ed. Nutrition in Public Health. Aspen Publishers, Rockville, MD.