109. Caan, B., D.M. Horgen, S. Margen, J.C. King, and N.P. Jewell. 1987. Benefits associated with WIC supplemental feeding during the interpregnancy interval. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 45:29–41.
110. Ueland, K. 1976. Maternal cardiovascular dynamics. VII. Intrapartum blood volume changes. Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 126:671–677.
111. Institute of Medicine. 1991. Nutrition During Lactation. Report of the Subcommittee on Nutrition During Lactation, Committee on Nutritional Status During Pregnancy and Lactation, Food and Nutrition Board. National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.
112. Greene, G.W., H. Smiciklas-Wright, T.O. Scholl, and R.J. Karp. 1988. Postpartum weight change: how much of the weight gained in pregnancy will be lost after delivery? Obstet. Gynecol. 71:701–707.
113. Dennis, K.J., and W.R. Bytheway. 1965. Changes in body weight after delivery. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. Br. Commonw. 72:94–102.
114. Schauberger, C.W., B.L. Rooney, and L.M. Brimer. 1992. Factors that influence weight loss in the puerperium. Obstet. Gynecol. 79:424–429.
115. Ferris, A.M., C.K. Dalidowitz, C.M. Ingardia, E.A. Reece, F.D. Fumia, R.G. Jensen, and L.H. Allen. 1988. Lactation outcome in insulin-dependent diabetic women. J. Am. Diet. Assoc. 88:317–322.