. "J. Examination of the Effects of Certain Acute Environmental Exposures on Future Respiratory Health Consequences." Veterans at Risk: The Health Effects of Mustard Gas and Lewisite. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 1993.
28. Kern DG. Outbreak of the reactive airways dysfunction syndrome after a spill of glacial acetic acid. Am Rev Respir Dis (1991) 144:1058-1064.
29. Boulet, L-B. Increases in airway responsiveness following acute exposure to respiratory irritants: reactive airway dysfunction syndrome or occupational asthma? Chest (1988) 94:476-481.
30. Promisloff RA, Lenchner GS, Cichelli AV. Reactive airway dysfunction syndrome in three police officers following a roadside chemical spill. Chest (1990) 98:928-929.
31. Schilling RSF. Byssinosis in cotton and other textile workers. Lancet (1956) 2:261-265 (August 11).
32. Fox JJ, Tombleson JBL, Watt A, Wilkie AG. A survey of respiratory disease in cotton operatives. Part II. Symptoms, dust estimation and the effect of smoking habit. Brit J Indust Med (1973) 30:48-53.
33. Merchant JA, Kilburn KH, O'Fallon WM, et al. Byssinosis and chronic bronchitis among cotton textile workers . Ann Intern Med (1972) 76:423-433.
34. Haglind P, Lundholm M, Rylander. Prevalence of byssinosis in Swedish cotton mills. Brit J Indust Med (1981) 138-143.
35. Merchant JA, Lumsden JC, Kilburn KH, et al. Dose-response studies in cotton textile workers. J Occup Med (1973) 15:222-230.
36. Fox JJ, Tombleson JBL, Watt A, Wilkie AG. A survey of respiratory disease in cotton operatives. Part I, Symptoms and ventilation test results. Brit J Indust Med (1973) 30:42-48.
38. Berry G, McKerrow CB, Molyneux MKB, et al. A study of the acute and chronic changes in ventilatory capacity of workers in Lancashire cotton mills. Brit J Indust Med (1973) 30:25-36.
39. Imbus HR, Suh MW. Byssinosis. A study of 10,133 textile workers. Arch Environ Health (1973) 26:183-191.
40. Christiana DC, Eisen EA, Wegman DH, Ye TT, Gong ZC, Lu PL and Dai HL. Respiratory disease in cotton textile workers in the People's Republic of China, II: pulmonary function results. Scandinavian Journal of Work Environment Health (1986) 12:46-50.
41. Castellan RM, Olenchock SA, Kinsley KB, Hankinson JL. Inhaled endotoxin and decreased spirometric values. New Eng J Med (1987) 317:605-610.
42. Molyneux MKB, Tombleson JBL. An epidemiological study of respiratory symptoms in Lancashire cotton mills. Brit J Indust Med (1970) 27:225-234.
43. Beck GJ, Schacter EN, Maunder LR, et al. A prospective study of chronic lung disease in cotton textile workers. Am J Epid (1984) 119:33-43.
44. Elwood JH, Elwood PC, Campbell MJ, et al. Respiratory disability in ex-flax workers. Brit J Indust Med (1986) 43:300-306.
45. Chan-Yeung M, Lam S. State of the art: occupational asthma. Am Rev Respir Dis (1986) 133:686-703.
46. Berry G, Molyneux MKB. A mortality study of workers in the Lancashire cotton mills. Chest (1981) 79(suppl 4):11S-15S.