The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
80. Martilla & Kiley.
81. Davis and Jason.
82. Keay, Karen D., Susan I. Woodruff, Marianne B. Wildey, and Erin M. Kenney. "Effects of a Retailer Intervention on Cigarette Sales to Minors in San Diego County, California." Tobacco Control 2 (1993): 145-151. See also: Altman et al., 1991: and Feighery et al.
83. DiFranza et al., 1987.
84. Keay et al., and Altman et al., 1989.
85. Keay et al.
86. Feighery et al.
87. Keay et al.
88. Altman, David G., Juliette Linzer, Rick Kropp, Nancy Descheemaeker, Ellen Feighery, and Stephen P. Fortmann. "Policy Alternatives for Reducing Tobacco Sales to Minors: Results from a National Survey of Retail Chain and Franchise Stores." Journal of Public Health Policy 13:3 (1992): 318-331.
89. Keay et al.
90. Keay et al.
91. Feighery et al.
92. Jason et al.
93. Keay et al.
94. Biglan, Anthony, Jamye Henderson, Delaine Humphreys, Maija Yasui, Rebecca Whisman, Carol Black, and Lisa James. "Experimental Evaluation of a Community Intervention to Reduce Youth Access to Tobacco." Oregon Research Institute, 1993. Unpublished.
95. Feighery et al.
96. Join Together. Community Leaders Speak Out Against Substance Abuse. Boston: Join Together, 1993. 26.
97. Skretny, Michelle T., K. Michael Cummings, Russell Sciandra, and James Marshall. "An Intervention to Reduce the Sale of Cigarettes to Minors." New York State Journal of Medicine 90:2 (1990): 54-55. See also: Altman et al., 1991; Feighery et al.; and OIG, 1992.
98. Jaffe and Starks.
99. Chudy, N., R. Yoast, and P. Remington. "Child and Adolescent Smoking and Consumption." Wisconsin Medical Journal (Apr. 1993): 198-201. See also: Feighery et al.; and OIG, 1992.
100. USDHHS, "Substance Abuse," 1993.
101. OIG, 1992.
102. Jason et al., and DiFranza et al., 1987.
103. OIG, 1992.
104. Feighery et al.
105. USDHHS, "Substance Abuse," 1993.
106. Gruenewald, Paul J., William R. Ponicki, and Harold D. Holder. "The Relationship of Outlet Densities to Alcohol Consumption: A Time Series Cross-Sectional Analysis." Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 17:1 (Feb. 1993): 38-47.
107. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives Update. Department of Health and Human Services. October/November 1993.
108. Slade, John. "Teenagers Participate in Tobacco Promotions." Abstract. Submitted to the 9th World Conference on Tobacco and Health (Paris), October 1994.
109. Roswell Park.