8. Assessment of Programs in Solar and Space Physics; Committee on Solar and Space Physics, Space Studies Board, and Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Research, Board on Atmospheric Sciences and Climate, National Research Council, 1991.
9. Space Physics Strategy-Implementation Study; The NASA Space Physics Program for 1995 to 2010; Vol. 1: Goals, Objectives, Strategy; Vol. 2: Program Plan, April 1991.
10. Federal Funds for Research and Development: Detailed Historical Tables, Fiscal Years 1995-1990; Division of Science Resources Studies, National Science Foundation, 1991.
11. Science and Engineering Indicators; National Science Board, 10th Edition, 1991.
12. The Chronicle of Higher Education, March 28, 1990.
13. A Strategy for the Explorer Program for Solar and Space Physics; Committee on Solar and Space Physics, Space Studies Board, National Research Council, 1984.
14. Quick Is Beautiful; by Freeman Dyson in Highlights of Modern Astrophysics Concepts and Controversies, S. L. Shapiro and S. A. Teukolsky, eds., John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1986.
15. Origin of Plasmas in the Earth's Neighborhood; Final report of the Science Definition Working Group, NASA, April 1979.
16. Solar System Space Physics in the 1980's: A Research Strategy; Committee on Solar and Space Physics, Space Sciences Board, National Research Council, 1980.