1. Frame JD, Baldwin JM Jr, Gocke DJ, et al: Lassa fever, a new virus disease of man from West Africa. I. Clinical description and pathological findings. Am J Trop Med Hyg 19:670–676, 1970
2. Johnson KM, Lange JV, Webb PA, et al: Isolation and partial characterization of a new virus causing acute haemorrhagic fever in Zaire. Lancet 1:569–571, 1977
3. McDade JE, Shepard CC, Fraser DW, et al: Legionnaires’ disease: isolation of a bacterium and demonstration of its role in other respiratory disease. N Engl J Med 297:1197–1203, 1977
4. Chandler FW, Hicklin MD, Blackmon JA: Demonstration of the agent of Legionnaires’ disease in tissue. N Engl J Med 297:1218–1220, 1977
5. 1974 Natality and Mortality Statistics: Pennsylvania annual report. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Department of Health, 1976
6. Epidemic of obscure illness—Pontiac, Michigan. Morbid Mortal Weekly Rep 17:315–320, 1968
7. Institutional outbreak of pneumonia. Morbid Mortal Weekly Rep 14: 265–286, 1965
The National Academies | 500 Fifth St. N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20001
Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Case Study 20: Legionaires' Disease: Description of an Epidemic of Pneumonia ."
Environmental Medicine: Integrating a Missing Element into Medical Education . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press,
Please select a format: