13. George PM, Abernethy MH. Improved procedure for erythrocyte cholinesterase. Clin Chem 1983;29:365–368.
14. Lewis PJ, Lowing RK, Gompertz D. Automated discrete kinetic method for erythrocyte acetylcholinesterase and plasma cholinesterase. Clin Chem 1981;27:926–929.
15. Wetstone HJ, LaMotta RV. The clinical stability of serum cholinesterase activity. Clin Chem 1965;1:370.
16. Gage JC. Blood cholinesterase values in early diagnosis of excessive exposure to phosphorous insecticides. Br Med J 1955;1:370.
17. Callaway S, Davies DR, Rutland PJ. Blood cholinesterase levels and range of personal variation in a healthy adult population. Br Med J 1951;2:812–816.
18. Fryer JH, Steel RGD, Williams HH. Cholinesterase activity levels in normal human subjects. AMA Arch Ind Health 1955;12:406–411.
19. Coye MJ, Lowe JA, Madday KT. Biological monitoring of agricultural workers exposed to pesticides: Cholinesterase activity determinations. J Occup Med 1988;28:619–627.
20. Rasmussin WA, Jensen JA, Stein WJ, Hayes WJ. Jr. Toxicological studies of DDVP for disinfection of aircraft. Aerospace Med 1963;34:594–600.
21. Tabershaw IR, Cooper WC. Sequelae of acute organic phosphate poisoning. J Occup Med 1966;8:5–20.
22. Savage EP, Keefe TH, Mounce LM, et al. Chronic neurological sequelae of acute organophosphate pesticide poisoning. Arch Environ Health 1988;43:38–45.
23. Korsak RJ, Sato MM. Effects of chronic organophosphate pesticide exposure on the central nervous system. Clin Toxicol 1977;11:83–95.
24. Rosenstock L, Keifer M, Daniell WE, et al. Chronic central nervous system effects of acute organophosphate pesticide intoxication. Lancet 1991;338:223–227.
25. Demers RY, Wall SJ. Occupational history taking in a family practice setting. J Med Educ 1983;58:151–153.
The National Academies | 500 Fifth St. N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20001
Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Case Study 34: Poisoning of an Urban Family Due to Misapplication of Household Organophosphate and Carbamate Pesticides ."
Environmental Medicine: Integrating a Missing Element into Medical Education . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press,
Please select a format: