• Drug abuse epidemic has been consistently neglected and drug treatment programs are either not established or not funded adequately.;
• Drug abuse problems and crime in urban communities will be worsened by the implementation of programs.;
• Community leaders are not part of decision making in the establishment of programs within their own communities.;
• Drugs are deliberately supplied to the black community and these programs promote their continued use.;
• HIV is a man-made virus and AIDS may be a form of genocide.;
• Public health authorities cannot be trusted because of past negative experiences, e.g., Tuskegee Syphilis Study, and large segments of the black population are regarded as expendable by the white establishment.