communities to reduce risks for drug abuse: Lessons on using research to guide prevention practice. Journal of Primary Prevention 13(1):3–22.
119. Peterson, P.L., Hawkins, J.D., and Catalano, R.F. 1992. Evaluating comprehensive community drug risk reduction interventions: Design challenges and recommendations. Evaluation Review 16(6):579–602.
120. Pentz, M.A. 1994. Adaptive evaluation strategies for estimating effects of community-based drug abuse prevention programs. Journal of Community Psychology (Monograph Series CSAP Special Issue):26–51.
121. Koepsell, T.D., Wagner, E.H., Cheadle, A.C., Patrick, D.L., Martin, D.C., Diehr, Ph.D., and Perrin, E.B. 1992. Selected methodological issues in evaluating community-based health promotion and disease prevention programs. Annual Review of Public Health 13:31–57.
122. Rothman, M.L. 1995. The potential benefits and costs of a comprehensive school health education program. Unpublished manscript.
123. Pentz, M.A. In press. Costs, benefits, and cost-effectiveness of comprehensive drug abuse prevention. NIDA Research Monograph.