The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
Evaluating Access to Care
Did telemedicine affect the use of services or the level or appropriateness of care compared to the alternative(s)?
What was the utilization of telemedicine services before, during, and after the study period for target population and clinical problem(s)?
When offered the option of telemedicine service, how often did patients
- accept or refuse an initial service or fail to keep an appointment?
- accept or refuse a subsequent service or fail to keep an appointment?
What was the utilization of specified alternative services before, during, and after the study period for the target population and clinical problem(s)?
- consultants traveling to distant sites
- patients traveling to distant consultants
- consultation by mail or courier
- transfers to other facilities
Was the telemedicine application associated with a difference in overall utilization (e.g., number of services or rate) or indicators of appropriateness of care for
- specialty care
- primary care
- transport services
- services associated with lack of timely care?
Did the application affect the timeliness of care or the burden of obtaining care compared to the alternative(s)?
Was there a difference in the
- timing of care
- appointment waiting times for referrals?
What were patient attitudes about the
- timeliness of care
- burden of obtaining care
- appropriateness of care?