1. G. Hancock, L. Lanyi, J.P. Sucksmith, and B.K. Woodcock, ''Atoms, Radicals and Ions Observed in Plasmas— Their Gas Phase and Surface Chemistry,'' Pure Appl. Chem. 66:1207 (1994); P.B. Davies and P.M. Martineau, "Diagnostics and Modeling of Silane and Methane Plasma CVD Processes," Adv. Mater. 4:729 (1992); M. Konuma, "Plasma Diagnostics," ch. 4 of Film Deposition by Plasma Techniques (Springer-Verlag, New York, 1992); B.L. Preppernau and T.A. Miller, "Laser-Based Diagnostics of Reactive Plasmas," in Glow Discharge Spectroscopies, ed. R.K. Marcus (Plenum Press, New York, 1993), pp. 483-508; O. Auciello and D.L. Flamm, eds., Plasma Diagnostics (Academic Press, Boston, 1989); R.W. Dreyfus, J.M. Jasinski, R.E. Walkup, and G.S. Selwyn, "Optical Diagnostics of Low Pressure Plasmas," Pure Appl. Chem. 57:1265 (1985); R.F. Karlicek, Jr., V.M. Donnelly, and W.D. Johnston, Jr., "Laser Spectroscopic Investigation of Gas-Phase Processes Relevant to Semiconductor Device Fabrication," Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 17:151 (1983); I.P. Herman, Optical Diagnostics of Thin Film Processing (Academic Press, Boston, 1996).
2. J.R. Fuhr, G.A. Martin, and W.L. Wiese, "Atomic Transition Probabilities," J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 17, suppl. 4 (1988); R.L. Kelly, "Atomic and Ionic Spectrum Lines Below 2000 Angstroms," J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 16, suppl. 1 (1987); J. Reader, C.H. Corliss, W.L. Wiese, and G.A. Martin, Wavelengths and Transition Probabilities for Atoms and Atomic Ions, NSRDS-NBS 66 (U.S. Department of Commerce, December 1980).
3. J. Fuhr, National Institute of Standards and Technology Atomic and Molecular Physics Database 24, NIST Atomic Transition Probabilities Data Files (Scandium Through Nickel), available from Standard Reference Data, NIST, Bldg. 221/Room A320, Gaithersburg, MD 20899 (1994); J.W. Gallagher, National Institute of Standards and Technology Atomic and Molecular Physics Database 38, NIST Spectroscopic Properties of Atoms and Atomic Ions Database, available from Standard Reference Data, NIST, Bldg. 22 I/Room A320, Gaithersburg, MD 20899 (1995).
4. P.S. Doidge, "A Compendium and Critical Review of Neutral Atom Resonance Line Oscillator Strengths for Atomic Absorption Analysis," Spectrochim. Acta B 50:156 (1995).
5. K.-P. Huber and G. Herzberg, Constants of Diatomic Molecules (Van Nostrand, New York, 1979).
6. J.W. Gallagher, National Institute of Standards and Technology Atomic and Molecular Physics Database 48, NIST Spectroscopic Properties of Diatomic Molecules Database, available from Standard Reference Data, NIST, Bldg. 221/Room A320, Gaithersburg, MD 20899 (1995).
7. G. Herzberg, Spectra of Diatomic Molecules (Van Nostrand, New York, 1950, reprinted by Krigger, Malabar, Fla., 1985); G. Herzberg, Infrared and Raman Spectra of Polyatomic Molecules (Van Nostrand, New York, 1945); G. Herzberg, Electronic Spectra of Polyatomic Molecules (Van Nostrand, New York, 1966).
8. J.M. Hollas, Modern Spectroscopy (Wiley, New York, 1986); J.I. Steinfeld, Molecules and Radiation: An Introduction to Modern Molecular Spectroscopy (MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass., 1981).
9. S.N. Suchard, ed., Spectroscopic Data (IFI/Plenum, New York, 1975).
10. V.A. Boyko, Spectroscopic Constants of Atoms and Ions (CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla., 1994).
11. R.W.B. Pearse and A.G. Gaydon, The Identification of Molecular Spectra, 4th edn. (John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1976).
12. R.F. Barrow and P. Crozet, "Gas Phase Molecular Spectroscopy," Annu. Rep. Prog. Chem. Roy. Soc. Chem. 89C:353 471 (1992); P.B. Davies, "High Resolution Tunable Infrared Laser Spectroscopy of Transient Molecules," Annu. Rep. Prog. Chem. Roy. Soc. Chem. 89C:89-110 (1992).
13. P.F. Bernath, "High Resolution Infrared Spectroscopy of Transient Molecules," Ann. Rev. Phys. Chem. 41:91-122 (1990).
14. M.A.H. Smith, C.P. Rinsland, B. Fridovich, and K.N. Rao, "Intensities and Collision Broadening Parameters from Infrared Spectra," in Molecular Spectroscopy: Modern Research, vol. III, ed. K.N. Rao (Academic Press, New York, 1985), pp. 112-248.