23. What would be the appropriate target population for a vaccine (e.g., all infants, adolescents, pregnant women, older adults [age 65+], residents of an endemic area)?
24. What would be the anticipated time interval between vaccination of an individual in the target population and the realization by that individual of the health benefits?
25. What would be the anticipated time interval between vaccination in a target population and realizing health benefits to unvaccinated individuals from “herd immunity”?
26. Would delivery of this vaccine incur special costs (e.g., form of administra-tion, education for providers or the public, etc.)? If so, please identify and esti-mate those costs.
27. What factors could be expected to influence acceptance of the vaccine?
28. If possible, please identify recent key articles on this condition/ organism or on development of a vaccine against it that you think represent the best current thinking.
29. If there is a recently published article with which you particularly disagree, please identify and explain.
30. Please identify any other experts who should be consulted.
Ann M.Arvin, M.D.
Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases
School of Medicine
Palo Alto, CA
Robert Baughn, Ph.D.
VA Medical Center
Robert B.Belshe, M.D.
Department of Infectious Diseases
St. Louis University School of Medicine
St. Louis, MO
Robert Betts, M.D.
University of Rochester