7. Mowery, D.C. (1995) in Coordination and Information, eds. Lamoreaux, N.R. & Raff, D.M.G. (Univ. of Chicago Press, Chicago), pp. 147–176.
8. Khan, B.Z. (1995) J. Econ. Hist. 55, 58–97.
9. Machlup, F. (1958) An Economic Review of the Patent System (U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC).
10. Simonds, W.E. (1871) Practical Suggestions on the Sale of Patents (privately printed, Hartford, CT).
11. Sokoloff, K.L. (1986) in Long-Term Factors in American Economic Growth, eds. Engerman, S.L. & Gallman, R.E. (Univ. of Chicago Press, Chicago), pp. 679–736.
12. U.S. Patent Office (1891) Annual Report of the Commissioner of Patents for the Year 1891 (U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC).
13. Chandler, A. (1977) The Visible Hand (Harvard Univ. Press, Cambridge, MA).
The National Academies | 500 Fifth St. N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20001
Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Long-term change in the organization of inventive activity ."
(NAS Colloquium) Science, Technology and the Economy . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press,
Please select a format: