The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
1. See, for example, Space Studies Board, National Research Council, The Role of Small Missions in Planetary and Lunar Exploration, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1995, pages 5-9.
2. Space Studies Board, National Research Council, An Integrated Strategy for the Planetary Sciences: 1995-2010, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1994, page 186.
3. Space Studies Board, National Research Council, The Role of Small Missions in Planetary and Lunar Exploration, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1995, page 2.
4. Lunar Exploration Science Working Group, A Planetary Science Strategy for the Moon, JSC-25920, NASA, Solar System Exploration Division, Houston, Texas, 1992.
5. Space Studies Board, 1990 Update to Strategy for Exploration of the Inner Planets, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1990.
6. Paul Regeon, "Clementine: Overview and Lessons Learned," presentation to COMPLEX, October 1994.
7. S. Nozette et al., "The Clementine Mission to the Moon: Scientific Overview," Science 266:1835-1839, 1994.
M.T. Zuber et al., "The Shape and Internal Structure of the Moon from the Clementine Mission," Science 266:1839, 1994.
C.M. Pieters et al., "A Sharper View of Impact Craters from Clementine Data," Science 266:1844, 1994.
P.D. Spudis, R.A. Reisse, and J.J. Gillis, "Ancient Multiring Basins on the Moon Revealed by Clementine Laser Altimetry," Science 266:1848, 1994.
E.M. Shoemaker, M.S. Robinson, and E.M. Eliason, "The South Pole Region of the Moon as Seen by Clementine," Science 266:1851, 1994.
P.G. Lucey et al., "Topographic-Compositional Units on the Moon and the Early Evolution of the Lunar Crust," Science 266:1855, 1994.
A.S. McEwen et al., "Clementine Observations of the Aristarchus Region of the Moon," Science 266:1858, 1994.
P.G. Lucey, G.J. Taylor, and E. Malaret, "Abundance and Distribution of Iron on the Moon," Science 268:1150, 1995.