Parameteric Resonance,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 107, 1986, pp. 329.
7. Schmidt, G. and Tondl, A., Nonlinear Vibrations, Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, 1986.
8. Paulling, J.R. and Rosenberg, R.M., “On Unstable Ship Motions Resulting from Nonlinear Coupling,” Journal of Ship Research, Vol. 3, 1959, pp. 36.
9. Kinney, W.D., “On the Unstable Rolling Motions of Ships Resulting from Nonlinear Coupling with Pitch Including the Effect of Damping in Roll,” Series No. 173, Issue No. 3, 1961, Institute of Engineering Research, University of California, Berkeley.
10. Kerwin, J.E., “Notes on Rolling in Longitudinal Waves,” International Shipbuilding Progress, Vol. 2, 1955, pp. 597.
11. Blocki, W., “Ship Safety in Connection with Parametric Resonance of the Roll,” International Shipbuilding Progress, Vol. 27, 1980, pp. 36.
12. Sanchez, N.E. and Nayfeh, A.H., “Nonlinear Rolling Motions of Ships in Longitudinal Waves,” International Shipbuilding Progress, Vol. 37, 1990, pp. 247.
13. Nayfeh, A.H. and Mook, D.T., and Marshall, L. R., “Nonlinear Coupling of Pitch and Roll Modes in Ship Motion,” Journal of Hydronautics, Vol. 7, Oct. 1973, pp. 145.
14. Mook, D.T., Marshall, L.R., and Nayfeh, A.H., “Subharmonic and Superharmonic Resonances in the Pitch and Roll Modes of Ship Motions,” Journal of Hydronautics, Vol. 8, 1974, pp. 32.
15. Nayfeh, A.H., “On the Undesirable Roll Characteristics of Ships in Regular Seas, ” Journal of Ship Research, Vol. 32, 1988, pp. 92.
16. Nayfeh, A.H., Mook, D.T., and Marshall, L.R., “Perturbation-Energy Approach for the Development of the Nonlinear Equations of Ship Motion,” Journal of Hydronautics, Vol. 8, 1974, p. 130.
17. Nayfeh, A.H., Perturbation Methods, Wiley, New York, 1973.
18. Nayfeh, A.H., Introduction to Perturbation Techniques, Wiley, New York, 1981.
19. Oh, I.G., Theoretical and Experimental Nonlinear Dynamics of Floating Oscillatory System, Ph. D. Dissertation, Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University , Blacksburg, Virginia, 1992.
The National Academies | 500 Fifth St. N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20001
Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Nonlinearly Interacting Responses of the Two Rotational Modes of Motion-Roll and Pitch Motions ."
Twenty-First Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press,
Please select a format: