The following HTML text is provided to enhance online
readability. Many aspects of typography translate only awkwardly to HTML.
Please use the page image
as the authoritative form to ensure accuracy.
22. Forbes. 1995. "Restless in
Seattle," March 27, p. 72.
23. For example, AlterNet's policy in
January 1995 was as follows: "Because wholesale customers use more
of our backbone facilities and because they also place greater
demands on our staff, we charge more for our wholesale
24. For example, see Telecommunications
Reports. 1994. "Oregon Jury Decides Against AT&T in
Reseller Case," July 4, p. 34, and "AT&T Sues Reseller for
Unauthorized Trademark Use," November 7, p. 26.
25. Telco Business Report, February
14, 1994, p. 4.
26. Ray Smith, CEO of Bell Atlantic, in an
interview in Wired, February 1995, p. 113.
27. Noam, op. cit., p. 447.
28. Plott, Charles, Alexandre Sugiyama,
and Gilad Elbaz. 1994. "Economics of Scale, Natural Monopoly, and
Imperfect Competition in an Experimental Market," Southern
Economic Journal, October, pp. 261–287.