1. Lohr, KN . Applications of Health Status Assessment Measures in Clinical Practice: Overview of the Third Conference on Advances in Health Status Assessment . Medical Care 30 : MS1–MS14 ; 1992 .
2. Ware, JE , Brook, RH , Davies, AR , and Lohr, KN . Choosing measures of Health Status for Individuals in General Populations . American Journal of Public Health 71 : 620–625 , 1981 .
3. Bergner, M , and Rothman, ML . Health Status Measures: An Overview and Guide for Selection . Annual Review of Public Health 8 : 191–210 , 1987 .
4. Weinstein, MC , and Stason, WB . Foundations of Cost-Effectiveness Analysis for Health and Medical Practices . New England Journal of Medicine 296 : 716–721 , 1977 .
5. Murray, CJL . Quantifying the Burden of Disease: The Technical Basis for Disability-Adjusted Life Years . Bulletin of the World Health Organization 72 : 429–445 , 1994 .
6. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services . Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives . Washington D.C . : Government Printing Office , 1990 .
7. Klevit, HD , Bates, AC , Castanares, MD , Kirk, EP , Sipes-Metzler, PR , and Wopat R. Prioritization of Health Care Services: A Progress Report by the Oregon Health Services Commission . Archives of Internal Medicine 151 : 912–916 , 1991 .
8. World Bank . World Development Report: Investing in Health . New York : Oxford University Press , 1993 .
9. Ware, JE , and Sherbourne, DC . The MOS 36-Item Short-Form Health Survey . Medical Care 30 : 473–483 , 1992 .
10. Gold, MR , Siegel, JE , Russell, LB , and Weinstein, MC , eds . Cost-effectiveness in Health and Medicine . New York . Oxford University Press , 1996 .